A person was saved from a fire by two Brant OPP officers in Paris.
On Thursday at 11:18 p.m., an officer with the County of Brant Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) was on patrol when they heard an audible fire alarm going off at a Dumfries Street address.
The officer stopped to investigate and requested a second officer come to the address. Both officers then went into an apartment and encountered thick grey smoke. The officers found a 20-year-old person sleeping in the bedroom.
The resident was safely removed from the apartment before an officer returned to the apartment and extinguished items that were smoldering.
The County of Brant Fire Department along with Brant County EMS attended as a precautionary measure.
No injuries were reported as a result of this incident.