A Sault Ste. Marie man faces charges after a County of Brant OPP officer seized more than $20,000 worth of opioids and other illegal drugs following a traffic stop.
The driver was stopped at around 11:20 a.m. near Paris Road on Highway 403 east Sept. 17 for a traffic violation.
During the stop, the officer found a quantity of what is believed to be approximately 2,000 Percocet pills, purple and white fentanyl and crystal methamphetamine estimated to be worth more than $20,000.
Police have arrested and charged a 46-year-old Sault Ste Marie man with:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the
- Controlled Drug and Substances act x 2
- Possession of schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- contrary to Section 5(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substances act
- Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to Section 354(1)(a)
- of the Criminal Code of Canada x 2The accused will appear in Brantford Court at a later date to answer to the charges.